Nevis Environmental is growing, it’s going to be a busy summer and we need an enthusiastic, “can do” Ornithologist/Ecologist to add to the ranks in our Inverness Office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Ornithologist/Ecologist to progress their career within a supportive and highly knowledgeable team.
Nevis Environmental was established in 2004 and quickly became known as a leader in the field of onshore wind, guiding projects through environmental management construction and operational monitoring and we are specialists in habitat management and reconstruction.
If you are a passionate bird enthusiast, happiest at the top of a hill surveying breeding raptors then get in touch!
All experiences considered, we encourage ambition and a “go getting” personality so give our Office Manager Rebecca a call for an informal chat 01463 210 432 (she’s super friendly) or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we would like from you:
· BSc or MSc Qualified in relevant subject (Biology, Ecology or Environmental Science)
· A willingness to learn, excellent communication and people skills and a natural outdoor enthusiast (who doesn’t mind the odd Scottish midge!)
· An organised approach to your data collection & input and strong Microsoft Office skills.
· Ideal start date of mid Feb 2018, (1st March latest)
· Full driving license
Desirable (but not essential) skills:
· Some practical Ornithology and Ecology experience (including some familiarity with VP surveys, upland breeding bird surveys, breeding raptor/diver black grouse surveys)
· Schedule 1 license
· Botanical (upland NVC), ecological (eg protected species surveys), ECoW or Water Quality Monitoring experience
· Experience working in the Scottish Highlands and/or with Scottish Estates & Gamekeepers would be ideal
What we offer:
· Permanent role
· Very competitive salary
· Opportunity to be mentored by an experienced team and increase your knowledge base
· 1st class inhouse GIS training
· Relevant training courses including Schedule 1 license (if applicable)
· Opportunity to live and work in the most stunning parts of the Highlands, being outdoors and surveying some of the best wildlife Scotland has to offer